Men's Furious Catball Fight! - Doom Maidens Wrestling

Stop the presses, my new favorite match just dropped.

The match in question is from a studio I don't think I've ever seen blogged about before, Doom Maidens Wrestling (admittedly I haven't done much searching so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). They tend to focus on female vs female and mixed matches, with bondage and catfights being a recurring theme. They do, however, have a smattering of male vs male matches within their extensive catalog. For those wrestling enthusiasts into more than just men, Doom Maidens has it all.

The match itself features Diablo and Joe, clad only in red briefs. Diablo has been a staple for the studio since 2011, appearing in many videos during his time there. Joe is a more recent addition to their roster, but has been appearing in videos since 2018. Though they've been around a while, this seems to be the first "catball" fight between two men on the roster (at the very least, it's the first that's been labeled as one).

I have a pretty good idea of what a catfight is. Lots of hair pulling, general rough housing, aggressive attitudes, etc. But the term "catball" was new to me before this match. Some research indicates that a catball fight is a variation of a catfight in which the combatants are almost always inextricably locked together on top of all the standard catfight elements. Some other sources say the term is synonymous with a "rolling catfight".

This is the only time they're on their feet

Apart from the beginning seconds of the match before these two lock up, Diablo and Joe spend the entirety of this 30-minute spectacle rolling around the mat room tearing each other to pieces. These two roll around the mat so tightly locked together I think industrial machinery would be needed to pull them apart. The gifs I've used in this review don't do this video justice. 

The title of the video tells you everything you need to know about the match. It's no nonsense, unfiltered catballing (is that a verb?). Diablo and Joe are indeed furious. There are plenty of pained grunts, groans, and growls throughout as they roll quite erratically across the mat room. Honestly at times it feels a little camp, but that only makes me love it more.


Diablo and Joe make great use of bearhugs, smothers, claws, and hair pulling as they tussle back and forth. But despite all the rough and tumble, they remain very equally matched. They seem almost destined to roll around, bodies tightly pressed together and legs entangled, for eternity. There are no breaks in the action. None. Diablo and Joe go full throttle, 100 per cent of the time. They really push each other to the limit, and you can feel it.

I believe it's the nature of the catball fight to be so deeply wrapped up in the fight (and each other) that the match doesn't stop until there is a victor. If that's the case, I could watch matches like these for hours on end. It also makes me wonder why we don't see more of these male vs male catballs floating around. As far as I'm aware, Doom Maidens are the only people to have produced these. They have a few others to their name which I may highlight another time.

As the catball rolls on you can feel the frustration building between Diablo and Joe. The grunts and groans feel more visceral, the moves feel like they're being used with more intent, and the sweat just continues to build. The moment I start to think one of them has gained some kind of advantage, the other flips their self-imposed body knot over and they roll to the other side of the room. I was kept on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Fans of sweaty bodies and primal combat aren't the only ones who would be pleased with this match. Those of you into legs and feet will have plenty of positive things to say. The cameraman does a great job of capturing all the action from a low angle, and several times focuses on Diablo and Joe's entangled legs. By extension, there are some great shots of their feet as well (I'm not into feet but I can appreciate some good content for the foot afficionados out there). This video is hot without any deliberate eroticism—at least no more than the match style provides us.

As I said at the beginning of my review, this is my new favorite match. Considering how much fantastic content is out there, that's quite the achievement. You don't need fancy tricks, complicated scripts, or the promise of sex to make a great wrestling video. All you need is a camera and two guys willing to throw everything at each other. Diablo and Joe go toe to toe (quite literally in some cases) for the entire duration of this battle. It's honestly the match of my dreams in many ways. My only partial criticism is that it's not 6 hours long.

Men's Furious Catball Fight! has a runtime of 31:34. It's available for purchase on their Gumroad site here.

Comments

Popular Posts